I have been thoroughly enjoying this Winter Olympics. The unity, the pageantry, the events I never knew existed; but my favorite part by far has been all of the comparisons people have been making online between athletes and celebrities. Some of these likenesses are uncanny. The Hunger Games one still makes me laugh.
I’m sad to see the games coming to an end but at least we’ll always have these memories. I’ll miss you Super Mario curler. I’ll miss you Frozone speed skater. And I’ll miss you most of all Tongan flag bearer aka real life Maui from Moana. See you all in 4 years when the world has completely forgotten all about you, but has had adequate time to seem excited for your return.
1. Gus Kenworthy feels right at home in a winter setting, because he’s actually Robb Stark of Winterfell.
Straight from the horse’s mouth.
2. While we’re talking Game of Thrones, how about German figure skater Paul Fentz sporting a dead-on Jamie Lanister look. He even skated to the GoT theme song.
3. Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir out there hosting The Hunger Games.
Tara obviously agreed, because she shared this meme.
4. Big-ups and 1-ups to American curler Matt Hamilton aka Super Mario.
Even Team USA jumped onboard.
5. Is that Flynn Rider from Tangled out there skating for Team Spain?
6. So glad Frozone’s wife finally told him where his supersuit was.
7. I’d recognize that mustache anywhere. You’re not fooling anyone Nigel Thornberry.
8. Russian curler Anastasia Bryzgalova bears a striking resemblance to supermodel Adriana Lima
9. And here she is channeling some Megan Fox.
10. Who wore it best? Esla from Frozen, Adam Rippon, or…
11. Or Finnish curler Oona Kauste?
12. Snowboarder Red Girard sporting some next level Oliver Twist cosplay.
13. Everyone’s favorite flag bearer Pita Taufatofua looking remarkably like Maui from Moana.
14. I mean this one is just uncanny.
15. Japanese figure skater Shoma Uno taking some time out of his busy schedule of dusting off bookcases.
16. Uncommonly kind of the Heat Miser to sponsor the German luge team.
17. Sign her up for The Emoji Movie 2.
18. Hey look up in the sky. It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s everyone’s least favorite Halloween candy.
19. Canadian curler Kevin Koe sweeping the ice like it’s his job.
20. The Norwegian curling team feat. Lilly Pulitzer
21. This is about as USA as it gets.
22. The German bobsled team brought the mustard for that bratwurst.
23. But The Chinese team was feeling some ketchup.
24. Hide yo kids. Hide yo wife. Hide yo hamburgers.
25. NBC putting Canadian speed skater Samuel Girard on blast.
And I mean, for good reason.
26. Nice to see the Puffy Shirt fro Seinfeld still getting some love.
27. He has that Kylo look. He has that Kylo tude.
28. But the gold medal for best Star Wars look goes to Russian figure skater Vladimir Morozov.
29. Who also took the gold for best team insect costume.
30. High School Musical….On Ice!
31. The Swedish curling team making good use of their lunch break from IKEA.