Hello, I’m the guy from the headline, and every morning I do the same writing warmup on a yellow legal pad. Like, I seriously have hundreds of legal pads filled. My apartment looks like the bad guy’s apartment in Se7en. Most of them don’t really amount to much other than getting my creative brain warmed up, but sometimes they turn out to be pretty amusing, so I’ll post them on my Twitter or my Instagram. You can check there for more in the future.
Not only has this been an effective writing warmup for me, I’ve also gotten to see how my life has changed over the last 3 years. These list have almost been like my daily journal. Some are just a list of jokes, or meant to be silly, and some are about my struggle with anxiety and depression, trying to lose weight, and even finding love. Anyway, I hope you enjoy these and much as I did reading back through them again.
75. I don’t always turn the other cheek.
74. Every time you eat a Jack in the Box taco you’re just mailing yourself diarrhea.
73. Not gonna lie, there’s gonna be a good amount of potty humor in this post. I’m 7.
72. It’s important to focus on the good things in life.
71. Dogs > Everything else
70. Everything else > Birds
69. A lifelong struggle.
68. You can’t argue with the truth.
67. Please follow the rules.
66. You’re welcome.
65. Smoke ’em if you got ’em.
64. Don’t be shy. Feel free to use these.
63. Why you so mad?
62. If you don’t like it, stay home.
61. I’ve got nothing.
60. Sometimes a chart works better.
59. Or just a picture.
58. The key to a good road trip is being prepared.
57. Twitter can be difficult.
56. Bucket lists are a recurring theme.
55. I have so much to do.
54. Also to-do lists. Stuff that can’t wait until I’m almost dead.
53. If you’ve noticed, I’m not a fan of birds.
52. Almost got ’em all.
51. Turns out, you can’t.
50. More potty humor. Sue me.
49. Getting closer to where I want to be in life.
48. Be an adult.
47. I do Movember every year.
46. Dad, if you’re reading this…eat sh*t.
45. The important benchmarks in life.
44. You know what they say…
43. Not sorry for any of them.
42. Beggars can’t be choosers though.
41. Went through a long stretch of being single. Maybe a little too long.
40. Spent a few Valentine’s Days alone.
39. And then I finally found my soulmate.
38. And I honestly can’t tell you why she puts up with me.
37. It’s not for any of these reasons.
36. But maybe one day…
35. Hope is so important.
34. 2018 hasn’t really turned out much better.
33. Some Monday Motivation
32. But no matter how hard I work, it’s like pulling teeth.
31. You should know by now.
30. This was a really good day.
29. And now I’m in Los Angeles.
28. Been trying to get back in shape for years but always have trouble sticking with it.
27. Pretty much how it goes.
26. And now I’m finally on the right track.
25. I miss Seattle.
24. They really do have it all.
23. I just really love dogs, okay?
21. To continue thriving.
20. Raise your frequency.
19. My good friend asked me to make one of these for her son.
18. The holidays can be tough for some of us.
17. It doesn’t not work.
16. This was approved by moms.
15. Don’t be this person.
13. The good outweighs the bad.
12. Food for thought.
11. Where my fellow insomniacs at?
10. I’m ready. Are you?
9. Works every time.
8. I’m a dreamer.
7. “Can you hear them, Clarice?” – Hannibal Lecter trying PopRocks.
6. Don’t worry, no spoilers.
5. Sometimes I’ll talk to myself.
4. Working on it.
3. Keep your head up.
2. Who can relate?
1. In case you were wondering. (you weren’t)
I’ve found this writing warmup to not only be effective, but incredibly cathartic. I suggest you try it. Just start writing about whatever topic pops into your head. Eventually you’ll start pulling stuff out you’d forgotten all about. Or even just thoughts you’ve had bouncing around in your head, but never really analyzed them too much until you got them down on paper.
Thanks for taking the time to read these. As of now, I have no plans on stopping, so if you’d like to see more in the future please check out my Instagram or Twitter I’ve linked up at the top. Goodbye and I love you.