Perspective is a tricky thing – sometimes you just don’t have it because, well, why would you? I mean, I don’t know how big a camel is off the top of my head. But then again, I don’t ride that many camels. If I was a prolific camel-rider, I’m sure I’d have a better sense the general size of them.
On the other hand, I see a lot of traffic lights, and it turns out that they are WAY bigger than I thought. So I may be a less talented judge than I thought.
It’s good to sometimes get that little helping nudge, something to push us to reevaluate what we think is true. Cause I feel reasonably big, all in all, but I don’t have a single goddam thing on a silverback gorilla…
24. A silverback gorilla’s hands:
23. Michaelangelo’s David:
22. A blue whale’s heart (this is a life size model):
21. A eagle’s talons:
20. A Giant African Land Snail:
19. A saltwater crocodile:
18. A moose (who knew??):
17. A horse’s inflated lungs:
16. A modern cruise ship:
15. The moon:
14. General Sherman, the world’s largest tree:
13. Patrick the wombat:
12. The number of Earths that could fit in the sun: