Back before you flush half your day down the toilet called Instagram, people read books. I used to read a couple of books a month before the internet was in my pocket. I even had the same cool, and sort of wholesome bookmark for years. A pic of me and my grandfather fishing. Miss you, G-Pa.
1. 1950s Book Advertisement used as a bookmark in a old cook book my grandma gave me.
2. Found in an Edgar Allen Poe Anthology. Heartwarming. The “minion” mentioned is this bookmark. 🙂
3. Dunno if it was used as a bookmark, but the front and back of a bible study invite, found in a book based on serial killers Leonard lake and Charles Ng.
4. Matted photograph, found in “The Philosophy of History” by Rev. A. Schade. Published by the author, 1899.
5. Two post cards (one paper, one leather) found in a very old book at a garage sale, postmarked 1906.
6. I sure hope Marge got a chance to read this before it came to me.
7. Circa 1880 Methodist bookmark, found in an 1885 book.
8. Found this in the french translation of Lolita, but I hope it’s from another book. It says, “as a memory of good days spent together (if you have already read this book, send it back through Mrs *?*, my librarian will exchange it)”.
9. Turns out her appointment wasn’t for 5 more years.
10. When Life Gives You Lululemons.
11. Newspaper clipping in The Ultimate Evil
12. In a book about demons and witchcraft.
13. As a librarian, I see a lot of forgotten bookmarks. The one I found today in this book is a new favorite.
14. Found a postcard from 1979 in a copy of Little Fires Everywhere that I borrowed from the library. I collect postcards so this is amazing!
15. A McDonalds receipt from 1996 in a book that my grandpa gave me (this receipt is 3 years older than me!)
16. Self defence guide forgotten bookmark!
17. A 4 leaf clover in a german songbook.
18. Cool vintage bookmark I found.
19. Film offer in the title page, Clue cards in page 152. Stephen King’s Dark Half.
20. Found in a book published in 1899.
21. Found in an old WW1 book.
22. “Reward of Merit” found in a 1901 “Masters of Art” booklet,
23. Children’s book from 1977 still has promotional Band-Aids inside
24. Found in the book “A Game of Thrones” at a Goodwill in Atlanta, Georgia. It reads “what if they don’t love me back?” And “Ah, but what if they do..”
25. Three drawings of a unicorn found in „The Last Unicorn“ (’83)
26. Weird Al concert ticket used to bookmark a Harry Potter book. Pretty good summary of who I was a decade ago.
27. In a bible from the 1940s.
28. Found in a copy of The Secret Life of Bees. 🙂
29. Lock of hair from 1879 “from a friend” found in a book about the meaning of flowers.
30. Found someone’s 116 year old travel itinerary tucked in an antique Guidebook to Paris.
More wholesome pics: