The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has left the restaurant industry starving, as a large number of businesses have been forced to close. Many of the closures are permanent, which leaves the remaining in operation desperate to stay open.
Outdoor dining was a great way to stay open during the summer months but as it’s gotten colder, it’s become tougher to adapt. Many places have put up heated tents and others have gone as far as building actual structures suitable for dining in freezing temperatures. People are sharing pics of some of the ways restaurants are offering outdoor seating and a lot of them look more like indoor dining.
Do what you can to support your local restaurants. This may be the only time in history you can order takeout guilt-free.
4. “Koreatown’s ‘outdoor dining'”
11. “Winter outdoor dining enclosure, aka indoors, we’ve come full circle”
21. “Fulton market outdoor dining”
22. “‘Outdoor’ dining is still allowed in Michigan.”
26. “The grand solution to the winter indoor dining ban: construct indoor spaces outdoors. This can’t possibly reduce the spread of covid…”
More Pics & Links You’ll Enjoy:
- Wine Windows Used To Serve People During The Black Plague Are Re-Opening For COVID-19
- People Are Sharing The Things That Will Never Be The Same Once COVID Is Over (20 Posts)
- Social Distancing Meets Emotional Distancing With Online Dating (17 Pics)
- Here’s a Bunch of People Who Are Being Jerks About COVID-19 (15 Pics)
- Maybe Just Eat At Home Next Time? (22 Annoying Restaurant Customers)