You guys liked the charts and graphs so much I thought this would also be a fun post. Other than Google Maps, we don’t really think about maps too much anymore. Luckily there are still a few beautiful nerds out there making them, and they’re pretty great.
1. Holland vs The Netherlands
2. The Great Lakes and Saint Lawrence River superimposed on a map of Europe
3. Counties in the US with a Spanish speaking majority
4. Where most Canadians live (red)
5. My painting of the Earth on an ostrich egg.
6. Ottoman map of the Americas, 1908
7. I attempted to draw Europe with 1 hexagon representing 1 million people.
8. All states Scooby Doo has visited onscreen in the cartoons, movies, and comics.
9. US States by Human Development Index
10. The World of Infrastructure
11. The topography of Japan
12. Full virtual reconstruction of Imperial Rome
13. The west coast of North America – Roughly 215 million years ago
14. Satisfying ring road – Feira de Santana, Brazil
15. Map of Slovakia’s regions, illustrated with local embroidery.
16. Regional names for Nestle water in the United States
17. Relief Map of Baltic and Scandinavia
18. Light pollution map of Great Britain
19. Europe seen from Russia (Made in the 1950s)
20. Map of a Not Yet Fully Discovered Australia 1659
21. German Empire 1871
You may or may not also enjoy these high-quality links:
- 24 Of The Funniest “Do Not Worry About The COVID Vaccine” Tweets
- Tom Selleck Photoshopped Into Waterfall Scenes With a Sandwich
- Hilariously Random Protest Signs
- Why Do Teenagers Feel The Need To Act “Cool” Around Their Parents?
- A Heavy Metal Dose Of AWESOME!