We love to share wholesome stuff on Pleated-Jeans because it’s a nice little escape from the endless amount of crazy stories. Sometimes those stories are fun, but today we’re talking about old people.
Old people get a bad wrap. I’m always careful about what I say or think about them because I know one day I’m gonna be in the same situation. Whether it’s trying to understand new technology or driving too slow in the left lane, there’s always a wholesome side to old people. If you engage with them, you might get to see it up close.
These wholesome old people are restoring my hope for humanity today. I hope it does the same for you.
1. “My Parents Sent Me This From Their Retirement Community Today”
5. She Said “I Haven’t Been Carried Like This Since My Wedding Day”
6. “This Is My 96-Year-Old Grandma, Willie. She Survived The Great Depression, Being Hit By A Fire Truck And Being In A Coma, And Losing Her Husband At A Young Age. Now She Drinks Liquor And Smokes Cigars, Still Lives Alone And Hits On Younger Men. I Love Her With Everything I’ve Got”
11. “My Professor Is 74 And He Isn’t Confident Using Zoom So He’s Prerecorded The Rest Of Our Classes. Today, I Watched The First One. He Has A Pinocchio Doll In The Front Row Because He Isn’t Comfortable Teaching To An Empty Room. I’m Social Distancing For This Man And This Man Only”
18. “My Grandpa’s 88th Birthday Was A Few Weeks Ago. My Sister Got Him A Coloring Book And Crayons. He Says He’s Never Colored Before, But He Seems To Enjoy It. He Shows All His Visitors The Pages He’s Finished. He’s Colorblind, So Some Of The Puppies Are Pink, But He’s So Happy. He Melts My Heart”
33. “My Grandpa Mac, 92 Years Old, Just Got New Security Cameras Around His House. He Has My Cousin, Aaron, And I On The Online Login (He’s Not Too Computer Savvy) So We Can See What’s Going On. He Sends Us Random Messages Through The Cameras”
47. “My Grandmas 94 Last Week. She Has Dementia And Is Bed Ridden But She Still Has Her Good Spirits. She Loves This Teddy Bear My Cousin Gave Her. So If Me And My Mom Are Feeding Her And She Starts To Fiddle, She Holds Onto It. Love Her So Much”