If you spend your days staring at a screen, well, thank you that is good for our business, but I also suggest you get out into the nature of this great planet we live on.
Hit a national park, go on a hike, hell even just take a walk around the block. There is so much beauty out there.
The r/geography Reddit group showcases some of the most cool, interesting, and beautiful pics from all over Earth. Check it out.
1. Nice F*cking Meme Bro
2. Fun fact I found on a Snapple cap
3. [Close-up View] of Antarctica from Space
4. A modern photo compared with a photo taken over a century earlier in the same place
5. Just right!
6. This person really took the time to travel to the right spot
7. Cross sea is a very beautiful and rare phenomenon that happens when there are 2 wave systems in the sea moving at oblique angles. It might be beautiful from above, but if you get caught in these waves, your vessel can easily turn upside down or lose its way.
8. Mt. Fuji from the ISS
9. Canada still has 91% of the forest cover that existed at the beginning of the European settlement.
10. America by Trump Administration
11. This is me at the lowest point in Sweden, the pole indicates sea level…
12. Did you know about the french border with brazil? (Credit to: @fanmaps)
13. Lake Chad in 1967 vs Lake Chad Now.
14. For all those Namibia-Zimbabwe border posts, I humbly raise you this unexpected Afghanistan-China border touch
15. How come we aren’t taught about the Mongol empire that much in school.
16. Uluru (Ayers Rock) from a Birds-eye view
17. Second language
18. This is Isla Incahuasi: A small rocky outcropping in the middle of the largest salt flat on Earth.
19. The Vasyugan swamp is the largest swamp in the world, which is located in Russia. The swamp is the same size as Switzerland. There are legends that Atlantis is located here
20. Pangea with borders
21. The lost city of Djado, Sahara Desert, Niger
22. Beautiful Aerial view of Venice, Italy.
23. Topography of South America
24. Since some people didn’t know what landlocked countries were, I decided to make a map
25. The only geography lesson you need
26. You can sail in a straight line from Chile to Spain without ever crossing land.
27. Iceland in the Winter
28. A map of the world centred around New Zealand.
29. Canadian-US border in northern Idaho. They cut down all the trees along the border to mark it.
30. Each section contains 10% of the world’s population!
31. Source: @everythinggeography (ig)
32. Topography of the Indian Subcontinent
33. Egypt’s Pyramids of Giza may be considered one of the wonders of the world, but Sudan has nearly twice the number of pyramids. Sudan touts 200-255 known pyramids, built for the Kushite kingdoms of Nubia, compared to Egypt’s relatively paltry 138 pyramids.
34. The Elevation and Depth for great lakes
35. This map shows all of the earthquakes with a magnitude greater than 5.0 over the last 20 years. [OC]
36. Chile is GIGAlong!
37. Flew over Horseshoe Bend in Arizona a couple weeks ago, thought everyone here might appreciate this!
38. Stanislav Canyon, Kherson, Ukraine
39. When, as an American, you think how strange it is for Russia to have this little, unconnected piece of land surrounded by another country….then remember Alaska
40. Actually there are quite a few natural borders in there