Parenting: the endless cycle of changing diapers, wiping boogers, and pretending you’re totally fine with mac ‘n’ cheese for the 467th meal in a row. But let’s face it, sometimes your mini-me’s aren’t exactly poster children for a Norman Rockwell painting. They’re more like a walking, talking whirlwind of chaos you can’t help but love—most of the time.
So how do you get through to these smaller, stubborn versions of yourself? Yelling usually just ends in a decibel contest, and time-outs have become more like mini-vacations for them. Enter the unsung hero of family communication: the well-placed, passive-aggressive, yet oddly heartwarming note.
Here on Pleated-Jeans, we’ve scoured the ink-stained battlefields of parenthood to bring you a collection of notes that range from laugh-out-loud funny to “Why didn’t I think of that?” clever. These are notes left by the Moms and Dads who’ve mastered the fine art of telling their kids to clean their room without actually having to make eye contact.
So grab a cup of whatever room-temperature beverage your child hasn’t knocked over yet and scroll through these gems. Whether it’s a reminder to flush or a WiFi password locked behind today’s chores, these notes are like little comedy sketches tacked to the fridge. And feel free to add your own masterpieces of parental passive-aggressiveness. Who knows, it might just inspire someone to finally take out the trash.
1. “Father Leaves His Messy Teens The Perfect Threatening Note”
3. “It Worked! We Woke Up At 10:06 This Morning!”
4. “Just Got Home From Work And Found This Note From My Dad On The Fridge. A Little Confused, I Walked Into The Living Room To Find My Cat As Promised. Thanks Dad!”
8. “While My 7-year-old Daughter Loves The Notes I Leave In Her Lunch, Her Friends Have No Idea Why Her Dad Is “So Weird””
15. “My Friend Left This Note In His Kids Lunchbox Today. I’m Not A Parent, But This Seems Legit”
17. “Parents Went Out Of Town For The Weekend. Mom Left Me Laundry Instructions”
20. “My Dads Note To My Brothers About The Plugs In The House”
22. “Bought A New Hatchet Yesterday. Came Downstairs To Find This Note On It This Morning. I Think My Dad Is Trying To Teach Me Something About Putting Things Away”
25. “My Friend Keeps Bringing An Apple To Work But Not Eating It So His Dad Left This Note On ItMy Friend Keeps Bringing An Apple To Work But Not Eating It So His Dad Left This Note On ItMy Friend Keeps Bringing An Apple To Work But Not Eating It So His Dad Left This Note On It”
38. “My Daughters Said She Was Too Old For Notes In Her Lunch – My Reply And WinMy Daughters Said She Was Too Old For Notes In Her Lunch – My Reply And Win”