At the start of the month, Southwest Airlines was all pumped to show off their plane’s fresh interior makeover. They’re boasting about a sleek cabin refresh, bigger overhead bins for all your carry-on chaos, power ports right in your seat, and a snazzy new design for the seats.
New fit check! 💯 Introducing our updated cabin design and new seats! You can catch this interior on new aircraft deliveries beginning next year. Not to mention our ongoing rollout of adding bigger overhead bins and in-seat power ports to our current planes!
The big reveal took an unexpected turn when a TikTok from Southwest went viral for reasons they probably didn’t anticipate. Racking up around 9.3 million views since it dropped, the video was meant to showcase the new seat design on their planes, but let’s just say the internet had its own take.
1. Racking up around 9.3 million views since it dropped, the video was meant to showcase the seat evolution on their planes, but let’s just say the internet had its own take.
2. And here’s the upgraded cabin look that travelers can look forward to.
3. Commenters mentioned the perk of having spots for phones and tablets.
4. Most reactions focused on the seats’ notably thin appearance.
5. Like, SUPER thin.
6. Comparing them to regular seats on Ozempic.
7. Also, calling them “one ply.”
8. And this raised concerns over how comfortable the seats really are.
10. One compared them to lawn chairs.
11. Seems like folks aren’t loving the new seat design.
12. One pondered if this was really a improvement or not.
13. Suggesting that flying in those seats might not justify the same price tag as the old layout.