All information is good information, right? Well, yes and no. I probably could’ve gone the rest of my life without knowing a few of these random and weird facts.
However, curiosity usually gets the best of me. I’m sure it will for you too. Even though some of these facts are pretty rough, they’re way more interesting than they are traumatizing. Have a look for yourself, and feel free to send this to your squeamish friend.
1. As recently as the 1980s, many researchers and doctors believed that babies couldn’t feel pain, so some were operated on without any anesthesia.
2. All cruise ships have a functioning morgue on board.
3. There are colors that humans can’t see, and you can’t even try to imagine what they look like.
4. Less than 5% of the oceans have been explored by humans, meaning we have nooooo idea what kinda monsters could be living there.
5. The average person walks by almost 16 murderers in their lifetime.
6. There are things called eyelash mites that live on people’s faces, and you probably have them.
7. Male echidnas have four-headed penises.
8. Even if your lungs filled up with the same amount of liquid, it could take an extra 10 minutes for you to drown in saltwater than it would in freshwater.
9. Serial killer Joe Metheny owned a food stand and sold burgers that combined animal meat with the flesh of his victims to unsuspecting customers.
10. There are more ways to shuffle a standard deck of cards than there are atoms on Earth.
11. As a result, every time you shuffle a deck of cards, you’re probably the first person in history to shuffle them in that sequence.
12. You’re 6.7% more likely to die on your birthday than any other day of the year.
13. Ted Bundy was a serial killer who also worked at a suicide hotline. A coworker once said, “Ted Bundy took lives, but also saved lives.”
14. The Japanese giant hornet has venom that’s so powerful, it can dissolve human tissue.
15. Violet Jessop, aka Miss Unsinkable, survived the sinking of the Titanic, a collision on the RMS Olympic, and the sinking of the Britannic.