If you’re anything like me, your phone is packed full of pictures of your pets. My dog doesn’t have to do much of anything to warrant an impromptu photo shoot.
However, sometimes you catch them in a certain pose, or in certain lighting, and they look nothing like who they actually are. Thanks to this viral tweet, here are some of those times.
Since I don’t know these pets and all I have to go on are the pictures folks replied with, I’ve given each one a backstory.
1. Simon had watched open mics for weeks leading up to this moment. “I could do that,” he thought. But now he stood before the crowd, under the bright lights, and he had forgotten everything he wrote.
2. Reggie was always small and often overlooked by the ladies. That is until one summer day by the pool when everyone saw his “gift.”
3. Oscar wasn’t ready to be a dad, in fact, he was terrified. All in all, he thought he took the news pretty well though.
4. Mitzy hadn’t breakdanced in years, but she wasn’t about to let some human serve her. She was a tad rusty.
5. Stanley knew he wasn’t supposed to eat chocolate, but he had it before and nothing bad ever happened. This “special” chocolate, however, made him feel…something.
6. Martha had been fat-shamed for the last time. She decided to run away and start a new life in the city… maybe right after dessert was served.
7. Maury was having a tough time making new friends. He wasn’t sure why though. He smiled at everyone.
8. Danzig wasn’t like the other birds. He didn’t have a sweet little song for you. He brought the pain 24/7. He was a terrible pet.
9. “Fuck Jon Snow.” – Ghost
10. Martha loved October. This was day 5 of her squatting in a stranger’s house and they still thought she was a Halloween decoration.
11. “But I’m Chewbacca,” he growled. But the cop didn’t care. Drunk driving is drunk driving.
12. Mr. Boots invited you over to watch South Park, not chat. Please be quiet and pay attention.
13. It was Bertha’s party and she’d eat the whole cake if she felt like it. It’s her day.
14. Bella thought she’d stop by and surprise her husband at work, but there he was eating lunch with that bitch Debbie from accounting. Oh, he’d pay for this.
15. “What the hell am I,” thought Beanz as he looked around the dog park. “I couldn’t possibly be one of these.”
16. “You have chosen…wisely,” grumbled the old knight as you pulled the Holy Grail from your lips.
17. Mr. Clopadopoulos laughed at all his master’s jokes. After all, he was a prisoner longing to be set free.