I shared one of my first terrifying famous movie villains below, but a close second would have to be the Fireys from Labyrinth.
Some of the replies to this thread made me remember just how great some actors are. The ones who could really make a villain believably frightening.
I think we hit most of the classics, but feel free to comment with yours if we missed it.
Danny DiVito’s penguin was the first villain I was ever scared of. Who is yours.
— Doth (@DothTheDoth) March 31, 2020
2. That scene was intense.
3. “No peace.”
4. Can’t imagine anyone else playing this role.
5. Had nightmares for months.
6. Damn, I was happy I forgot about these guys.
7. Tim Curry shows up a lot on this list.
— Ellie Reed (@esreed) March 31, 2020
8. The “eyes like these” part.
This dude. pic.twitter.com/tuvpm8iIo4
— (@JohnnieLynne) March 31, 2020
9. Little Monsters is still a very disturbing movie.
10. The scene that traumatized a generation.
Large Marge… pic.twitter.com/KNuLgqYUxV
— Michael Martinez (@HeYiGoByMiKe_) March 31, 2020
11. Jim Henson made some great monsters.
These guys really freaked me out as a kid pic.twitter.com/r62NbyCd6P
— Malachai (@deidre_moon_) March 31, 2020
12. Oh god, the faces.
Those damn frozen faced flying monkeys. pic.twitter.com/ryibQNti96
— Brad Evans* (@EvansBrad) March 31, 2020
13. Tim Curry was so much scarier than the dude in the remake.
The one and only, baby. pic.twitter.com/sHDlH7SQHj
— 4 (@Summahz) March 31, 2020
14. I’d forgotten about this movie. This scene was crazy.
This shit pic.twitter.com/0YjIOX6ZaK
— crystal (@crystalsug) March 31, 2020
15. Not exactly famous movie villains, but sure.
The government agents in the white biohazard suits that killed E.T. pic.twitter.com/8ojQpwfR1g
— Kara_Sutra✨ (@Kara_Sutra) March 31, 2020