Remember the last time someone said something that stuck with you? It could be a quote from a book or your grandma but for some reason, you’ll never forget it. This year has been rough for many reasons but maybe these quotes people on AskReddit shared will help bring some peace of mind. Maybe you’ll take something away from them or at least have the common internet decency to hate on them in the comments.
1. Thanks, Dad.
“My dad always told me “If you don’t do it right the first time, someone else is going to have to do it.” Mainly implied to me cleaning around the house as a teenager. I think about it at my jobs a lot now in my mid twenties.”
2. Solid advice.
“My dad used to say “if you don’t have the balls to say it twice, don’t say it once”.”
3. Always working on it.
“Now that I know better, I do better.”
4. Makes life easier.
“Hire good people and get out of their way.”
5. Amen to that, George.
“It’s never too late to be who you might have been” ~ George Elliot.
6. Don’t wait!
“If you wait until you’re ready, you’ll be waiting for the rest of your life.”
7. Nike first tried this as a slogan.
“If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.”
8. Also, no one likes a rocking chair.
“Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but doesn’t get you anywhere.”
9. Take the next step.
“What is the most important step a man can take? Not the first, but the next one. Always the next one”
10. Wonder if this is true?
“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing.”
11. I hope a masonry worker said this.
“Life breaks us. Then we fill the cracks with something stronger.”
12. Winnie ftw.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” –Winnie the Pooh
13. More joy, less comparison.
“Comparison is the thief of joy.”
14. Whatever floats your boat.
“A ship is safe at dock, but that is not what it’s built for.”
15. Grandmas are wise.
“My grandmother used to say “Enough is as much as a feast.” I hated it when I was a kid, but grew to appreciate it.”
16. Love a good pillow.
“A clear conscience is a good pillow” – My Maternal Grandmother.”
17. Look up!
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
18. Don’t wait to plant that tree.
“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago; The second best time is now.”
19. A lot of people need to hear this.
“They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.”
20. You can’t fix handsome.
“If the women dont find ya handsome, they should at least find you handy,”
21. Give it a shot!
“Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” –JFK.
22. We can learn a lot from lions.
“Ah yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it.” -The Lion King
More Links For Your Clicking Pleasure:
- People Struggling To Sell Their Mirrors On Facebook Marketplace Make For Some Creative Photos (17 Pics)
- 24 Hilarious Self-Aware Yearbook Quotes That Are More Valuable Than Graduating High School
- 19 Of The Funniest Comments On The Interwebs This Week
- Quotation Marks Can Really Make Or Break A Sign (30 Pics)
- 25 Things Said In 2020 That Would Make No Sense To Someone In 2019