A rare albino turtle was rescued in West Bengal, India, and it’s gone viral online. It’s actually an albino Indian flap shell turtle and people on Twitter are loving it because it looks like a slice of melted cheese.
A farmer in the village of Sujanpur, in Odisha’s Balasore district, discovered the rare turtle while he was working in his fields. The turtle was later handed over to conservation experts after posting the pictures on Twitter. This is the most forbidden food I’ve ever seen.
“Today a Yellow Turtle was rescued from a Pond in Burdwan, WB.”
“It’s one kind of a rarely occurring Flapshell Turtle.”
“It’s an albino kind whose peculiar yellow color is maybe because of either some genetic mutation or congenital disorder due to the absence of tyrosine pigment.”
“Close snap of the same. Mark the pink eyes, one indicative feature of albinism.”
A rare yellow turtle was spotted & rescued in Balasore, Odisha yesterday.
Most probably it was an albino. One such aberration was recorded by locals in Sindh few years back. pic.twitter.com/ZHAN8bVccU
— Susanta Nanda IFS (@susantananda3) July 20, 2020
Twitter had some thoughts.
More Cool Pics & Stuff:
- Cool Guides To All Sorts Of Cool Things (21 Pics)
- 21 Teachers Share The “Coolest” Things They’ve Confiscated From Students
- Well, Technically They’re Not Wrong (18 Pics)
- 30 Photographers Reveal The Gap Between Reality With “The Setup/The Shot” Tweets
- Museums Duel Over Who Has The Coolest Artifact In Their Collection (30 Pics)