Looking at mildly interesting photos of cool stuff is what the internet was made for. That, and the videos of cats. And, you know, the other thing.
Honestly, whenever I’m doom-scrolling on Twitter, what I really want is for someone to point me to something funny or interesting. Sadly, that’s rarely what shows up.
Fortunately, I found some great pictures of interesting and cool things for you to look at today. You’re welcome.
Here are the most fascinating mildly interesting photos from this month:
1. This Hanging Monkey Lamp in my Hotel Room.
2. I saw 4 generations of Honda Civics, in order of age, all in white.
3. This spray bottle the cleaners in my building use.
4. Middle of the night thunderstorm last night. Managed to catch some lightning.
5. The clear ice in my Absinthe looks like a chunk was cut out of it.
6. The wear and scuff-marks on this boat look like an island in the sea.
7. Red corn from Georgia.
8. Local bookstore has a “blind date” section for books.
9. Still have my WTC admission ticket and penny-machine coin from 1998.
10. My Hotel’s Sun Canopy is connected to a wind meter, which automatically causes it to retract when the wind speed becomes too high.
11. Mushroom harvest in my village.
12. Our forklift now has pedestrian boundary lights projected from it.
13. Amazon sent me 4 copies of The Aristocats. I ordered 0.
14. My daughter’s bicycle clarifying the difference between Austria and Australia.
15. My mom has an unopened Alice Cooper record from 1972, complete with panties.
16. Cafe I went to in Indianapolis is a no-tipping establishment.
17. A fellow coworker and I burned a checkerboard into the stump of an old tree. We played the first game with dandelion and clover flowers.
18. Just found out I have the infamous Mark Jackson card featuring the Menendez bros.
19. A piece of glass from the twin towers that an officer from the scene brought to my high school.
20. Solar park bench with USB charging ports.
21. My puzzle had an EXTRA piece.
22. My son received a “business” card from a classmate.
23. Found this ‘veiled lady’ mushroom on a hike this morning near Seoul, South Korea.
24. A Tree Guy Came Out Today…His Business Cards Are Made Out of Wood.
25. Elderly person brought their McDonald’s VIP card in today.
26. A house in my neighborhood has these plaques outside commemorating former residents who became victims of the Holocaust.
27. This message stamped on the squeaker inside the stuffed animal my dog just destroyed.
28. My Thai food came with a Chork.
29. This road in Worcester, UK that has red street lamps so that it doesn’t scare away the local bats.
30. My wife’s engagement ring cut the top damn near perfectly off a glass when she was washing it.
31. This icecream place I went too is shaped like ice cream.
32. This geode looks like a ocean waves on the beach.
33. Boxcar that my great grandparents used as a home.
h/t Reddit: r/mildlyinteresting