Though it might seem silly to appreciate a tiny interesting thing, it somehow makes you feel warm inside to know someone took the time to make something functional and cool.
That’s where Reddit comes in. The people on that website spend their lives digging for cool stuff to post on the internet.
Sometimes, it’s cool enough we have to share it with you.
Here are the coolest mildly interesting photos I had time to find today:
1. Coworker found a “motion picture use” $100 on our construction site.
2. I drive this vehicle a mile under the surface of the earth.
3. The wear and scuff-marks on this boat look like an island in the sea.
4. Found Amethyst pieces in a new gravel driveway.
5. Caught a shiny lobster.
6. The benches at my local library are books.
7. This shadow looks like a person.
8. This perfectly aligned sunset.
9. This restaurant puts a mesh net over your lemon so when you squeeze it, no seeds get in your food.
10. My neighbor has a big inflatable thing to protect his car from hail.
11. I saw some ants carrying a glove up a lamp.
12. My hands after washing the dishes for 20 minutes.
13. This traffic light is showing solid red and green at the same time.
14. Man wearing shoe protectors over work shoes on metro.
15. We caught a critically endangered sunflower sea star in our crab trap (Orcas Island, WA).
16. My grandfather had a red-headed woodpecker land on his leg.
17. I marked my taxes as Legally Blind, and they sent me my papers in Braille.
18. My wife is so organized she packs zipper bags with her outfits for each day on vacation.
19. Old cars becoming the river bank.
20. My friend was cleaning out her grandmas belongings and found this old school cocaine kit from the 70s.
21. There is a plant going from under my sink.
22. My friend works in mines and found a mummified mountain lion.
23. I found a pile of snail shells in my car engine.
24. The impressions a frog made on my truck this morning.
25. Dropped my phone and the crack it made kind of looks like a hummingbird.
26. These large pumpkins I saw on the freeway.
27. This is $721 of pure platinum.
h/t Reddit: r/mildlyinteresting